- Finding a case of old White Dwarf magazines in the office marked "labels." Complete with Games Workshop invoice sitting on top. Luckily this was the issue with the space marine and ork model, so it still has value.
- Throwing away three dozen peanut butter cracker packs after the salmonella outbreak. Then having to instruct staff to do their best to prevent customers from eating them out of the trash, because you know they will.
- Discovering after 15 months that I'm supposed to pay for garbage service. $850 saved by free loading off my neighbors, but whoops!
- Realizing that the RPGA printing is going through a toner cartridge, and half a ream of paper a month. Luckily we charge a small fee that's supposed to cover this.
- Figuring out that someone was trying to get away with a check scam in the store, but only after getting in a bit too deep, including expressing my concerns (getting angry) before they scurried off. Where did I put my beat stick?
- Having a day in which the returns equaled the sales; mostly first timers intimidated by their holiday board game purchases.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Those WTF Moments
It has been an odd week: