- SBA ARC Loan. Griffin shamed me into doing the legwork, so I'm calling all the banks in the Bay Area looking to see who is participating. The program starts today. Maybe I'll shame those who won't.
- Leman Russ Project. I ordered the parts from Forge World yesterday, thinking I had a little cash. Little did I know my car registration payment was late and the penalty equaled my Forge World order. Doh!
- Summer is Here! Come play with us! We're a great place to play during the day. The tables aren't any busier than normal. Turnout in the evening is even better than normal, so you've got lots of opponents.
- Free RPG Day is Saturday. We've got four gaming sessions going, including a couple D&D 4, D&D 3.5, and Geist from White Wolf. Come check it out! Free stuff includes an Eberron 4.0 adventure, Pathfinder bestiary, Geist, Rogue Trader for the Warhammer 40K RPG and much more. Did I mention the free part?
- Kids of Carcassonne: (2-4 players, ages 4 and up).
On 14 July, the national holiday in France, the sheep, chickens and cows are set free in the town of Carcassonne. The children have big fun to catch the animals before dusk.
- Yucatan adventure board and pieces (a useful Settlers of Catan set of accessories)
- New Hasbro games: Clue: Carnival, Monopoly City, The Game of Things, and a re-done Boggle.
- Blue Orange Games: Gobblet Gobbler, Chickyboom, and YamSlam (great kids games).
- Sumeria: An area control game for 3-4 players:
Players try to bring the city-states of ancient Sumeria to the fore. Each turn, players boost the importance of one of the city-states by flooding it with their traders, boosting its power. Each time a city-state gains power one or more will lose power, the aim is to gain control of the pre-eminent city-states during the scoring rounds at the end of each dynasty. Players have to time their movements, as a city-state can quickly lose favour too.
- Pants on Fire: party game for 2-6 players.
Players are given 3 different generic descriptions of feelings or situations. They then write down events from their own lives that match the 3. But, of the three, 1 must be true, 1 must be a lie, and the third can be either true or false. Each player then tells his stories, and the other players try to determine which ones are true and false. They score points for guessing correctly.
- Steam, by Martin Wallace comes out tomorrow. This is the most anticipated board game of the season (currently hovering around a 9 out of 10 on boardgamegeek).
The game plays very similarly to Age of Steam but with modifications to some of its mechanics and artwork. Tracks for income, train level, etc. are all printed on the board around the map such that alternate maps can be overlaid on the board and the necessary tracks will still be able to be used.New Role-Playing:
- Dungeons & Dragons: Eberron Player's Guide, Arcane Towers dungeon tiles (very pretty), and Kingdom of the Ghouls (adventure for levels 24-26).
- Mutants & Masterminds: Warriors & Warlocks
- Champions: Book of the Machine and Lucha Libre Hero (due tomorrow).
- Traveller RPG: Hammer Slammers (due tomorrow)
- Call of Cthulhu: Terrors from Beyond (due tomorrow)
- 40K Planetstrike: the store copy is on display. The book goes on sale June 26th.
- GW Due Friday: War of the Ring Galadhrim knights and warriors, Fantasy Temple of Skulls, and the Empire Battalion box.
- Misc: Zombiesmith zombie miniatures, Armorcast re-stock, more Infinity, new Reaper minis tomorrow.
- World of Warcraft CCG: Death Knight Deluxe Starter