- My current inventory contains 14,391 items. There's currently a purchasing budget surplus, so normally I have more.
- As an aside, over 10 years, I've dropped nearly 25,000 items (items with a zero quantity). They hang out in my database and slow things down and have dug in, making them difficult to delete.
- The total SKUs, number of unique items, is 4,761.
- The average number of items per SKU is 3.0.
- Inventory with just one item in stock, my current demand inventory is 3,324 or 23% of my inventory. You might argue that one of each of every item over that one item should be included in this number.
- Rather than safety inventory comprising a small percentage of my stock, 77% of my inventory has some safety built in.
- Coming up with hedge inventory is a bit tougher, but I'm guessing it's perhaps 10% of the safety inventory, with almost all of it being collectible card games.