Friday, June 23, 2017

New Facebook Page

I have a new "Gary Ray" Facebook page for posting my videos, blog posts, and writing updates. There's a book coming at the end of the year and I've agreed to write a column for Wizards of the Coast. The first article is already done. I've got a lot going on and it makes sense to separate this stuff from my regular posts about my wonderful son and my beautiful Jeep. Or is it beautiful son and wonderful Jeep?

Why a Facebook page? I don't do Twitter, which is the best method for communicating with a vast number of people, so that means folks default to finding me on my personal Facebook page, a very limiting thing. I've got a couple hundred followers and about 450 friends, most of whom are game trade acquaintances. I know my content is extremely niche and I'm not pretending to be some sort of rock star, but this should help sort my electronic life.

The down side to a page versus a group, is Facebook monetizes pages. That means you'll want to set it for See First in your news feed.

As I don't make squat writing or making videos, there's no ad budget to promote this page. So, something I almost never ask, please tell your friends!

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment