Monday, February 11, 2008

Boxed In

eBay. I've been scrambling for days now trying to come up with enough boxes for my eBay sales. We're actually sending more stuff out than we're taking in. It's silly, but I'm placing orders more frequently, just hitting the free freight limit, just to get extra boxes.

My D&D group met last night after a six month break while I opened the new store. It was nice getting the old group back together. I was worried that running 3.5 would be troublesome after getting excited about 4.0. It turned out fine, although I did notice how incredibly complex running 3.5 NPC's was, compared to the streamlining 4.0 will supposedly have. Then again, I haven't actually seen the 4.0 format, so maybe it's not much better. We're about three quarters of the way through Night of Dissolution, part of the Ptolus campaign. One thing for certain, everyone is tired of ratmen.

The big news in games is the announcement of the World of Warcraft miniature game coming in the fall. It's collectible (sigh). It's 40mm (sigh). It has enough excitement to require that I carry it (big sigh). The biggest sigh of all is it's being done by Upper Deck. Be prepared for intentional shortages and price increases. Yeah for UD! Mike McVey, miniatures guru extraordinare, is backing it, so it's going to be of good quality. However, most agree that the photos don't look so great. The problem with the scale is that, except for larger monsters, it can't be used for role-playing games, like Dungeons & Dragons. This means the game lives and dies on its player base, without much crossover. It's like Dreamblade, only with a hot license.

Politics. Obama would be ahead if you ignored the super-delegates. Grrr.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a bunch of boxes if you're still in need. Various sizes. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete