Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Retail Groundhog Day

Each February the store experiences fantastic sales over Presidents Day weekend, both at Dundracon and at the store. Christmas wasn't that far away, and I need to remind myself that it's retail Groundhog Day. Customers come out to buy stuff, but they inevitably return home, most not to return for a couple more months. Good sales; long shadow.

I'll have some photos tonight of my Dwarven Forge set up. It's from the Night of Dissolution adventure by Monte Cook, one of the Ptolus accessories. It takes up both tables at home and all my DF corner and floor pieces. I'm one room short of pieces, but it should take my group several weeks to complete the adventure, giving me time to steal pieces from completed sections as we go.

Oh yeah, and I got a credit card company to waive their stupid fees today, so yeah for me! I used one of their low interest checks which incurred a fee, which went over my limit, which resulted in another fee, and me bitching and moaning to get it reversed.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, sounds cool. I like props.
    - Jess
    ps - this was President's Day weekend. Memorial Day is in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! You're right, of course.

    Oh yeah, and you don't get to look at the photos faerie.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete