Sunday, February 3, 2008

Samtastic

I just got back from my local mall and about 15 stores have closed since I was there last. Most appear to sell clothing and accessories, along with a Sun Coast store; that entire chain went out of business last year. Even stranger, a Wal-Mart has opened as an anchor stores. The Wal-Mart opened last April, which tells you how often I go mall shopping. I did a little research and there was concern before they opened that the Wal-Mart could hurt the stores in the mall. Ya think? This is the Hilltop Mall in Richmond.

Oh yeah, and Alvin and the Chipmunks is as wretched as you probably imagined. Even my two-year old wanted to walk out of that one today. Also bad in media this weekend: The "Angel" series, spinoff from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was such a ripoff of the Dresden Files that it was almost embarrassing.

Ebay Update. For the first time since I've started using eBay, I'm getting more interest from outside the US than inside. Canadians, especially are bidding on items and asking me shipping costs. The US dollar and Canadian dollar are at parity, so the US is a buyers market if you can get the international customers to notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment