- The game trade, by most accounts, does a bit less than a billion dollars in annual sales.
- $200,000,000 of that, 20% is Magic: The Gathering. [Edited: I originally stated $400 million]
- Game stores, if we can agree on what that means for a moment, number between 1,500 and 2,500.
- Game store sales average around $300,000/year in sales.
- Alpha game stores, around 10% of the stores out there, do far more than that, probably in the $750,000-1,500,000 range. The SF Bay Area probably has 4-5 of those. Most states have none.
- In bistro math terms, around 60% of sales go through brick and mortar stores. Some of this, like RPGs might be far less, while other categories might be higher. We don't know. In some regions, the numbers might be much higher than others. We don't know.
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Posted by Gary Ray at Thursday, September 06, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment