Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tis the Season for Board Games

Our top 10 board games this season:
  1. Settlers of Catan (revised)
  2. Ticket to Ride
  3. Hey! That's My Fish!
  4. Race for the Galaxy
  5. Starcraft
  6. Carcassonne
  7. Zooloretto
  8. Red Dragon Inn
  9. Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition
  10. WoW Burning Crusade Expansion
Settlers finally started moving this week. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong.

The real story is in the miniature games, which are now at 1000% of last years sales, exceeding sales of board games. My board game season is now my miniature game season. If I were to do my top miniatures:
  1. Imperial Guard Baneblade
  2. Space Marine Battleforce
  3. 7th Armored Normandy (Flames of War)
  4. Space Marine Tactical Squad
  5. Warhammer 40k: Apocalypse
  6. Eldar Windrider Host
  7. Chaos Space Marine Codex
  8. Chaos Space Marines
  9. Devastator with Heavy Bolter
  10. Battle for Macragge 40K Str
If I had to point to a hole in our miniatures strategy, it would be the lack of new players, as shown in our small number of 40K starter sets. Our primary goal for 2008 should be bringing in new hobbyists, especially younger kids. We've gotten lucky, now we have to the work to build the hobby.

1 comment:

  1. If you had stocked the cat game more deeply, it may have made the list...



    ;)

    ReplyDelete