Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Forge World Hellhound (40K)
I knew I had a problem the minute the primer hit the model. The resin pieces weren't taking it, and primer just sat there on the model. Eventually it dried, but unevenly, so I hit it again and when that dried, got something satisfactory, but still kind of rough. I painted the base coat without a problem, put on my bluetack, and painted the two coats of red. However, when I removed the blue tack, it pulled all the paint off the resin areas, down to bare resin.
Resin is tough to work on, but I got lazy and neglected to wash these pieces. Patient re-painting of the pulled up resin areas with base coats and secondary coats eventually got the vehicle completed. Hopefully a few coats of varnish will keep everything in place permanently.