- Retail space. It's still being fine tuned. I went through today a bit slower and found things on the wrong shelves. I also found boxes of product in the office that needed to go out on the floor. Our notebook of D&D mini cards was found in an old box of comic books. There's still a LOT of work to do in the retail space; more than can be cataloged right now.
- Speakers. My fancy flush mount ceiling speakers turn out to weigh way too much for our drop ceilings. They're being mounted on plywood to distribute the weight. Right now we only have sound in the game center.
- Music. I need to change the XM station throughout the day. Cinemagic plays great stuff during the evening hours, but during the day their prone to show tunes and crap. I had to rescue one of my customers this week from the Mary Poppins soundtrack. Poor guy. Chim Chiminy, Chim Chiminy.
- Game Center. We've got excess slatwall and it sits in the game center until it's put up next week. It takes up space and looks bad, but eventually it will improve the look of the game center.
- Lighted Sign. Will hopefully go up late this week.
- TV Commercial. Filmed. We'll see how they edit it. The radio blitz starts in two weeks (and lasts two weeks). The radio commercial uses audio from the TV commercial.
- Office. Not a sexy part of the store, but it's now organized to where it's mostly usable. In a related category are store processes that haven't been working properly, like special orders.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Posted by Gary Ray at Thursday, October 04, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Kinda surprised you filmed the commercial before the lighted sign was up. Maybe it'd be worth them coming back to pick up some shots of it so people can recognize what the front of your store looks like.ReplyDelete
I don't know if I would use a sign shot. We didn't use a picture of the front of the store for our last commercial. What concerned me was the game center with slatwall junk in the background or bare walls.ReplyDelete
I have some specific deadlines in mind that spurred the schedule. I've got a grand opening advertised on 11/4. I've got a radio commercial scheduled to play for two weeks prior to the grand opening. The radio commercial is derived from audio from the TV commercial. In oher words, the commercial must be made and ready to go by the end of the week of 10/7.