Monday, July 6, 2009

Entropy

Some things have surprised me:

Bathrooms. In the last two years, we've rebuilt a toilet, replaced toilet seats, replaced all the toilet paper holders as they broke (they were installed new), and as of this week we will have replaced all the paper towel dispensers. The sink is broken but usable. I'm a bit surprised at how the bathrooms have been beaten down.

Document Scanner. It turns out I'm in the "heavy" category of scanner use. I went paperless a year ago, so all incoming invoices and bills get scanned and shredded. My Xerox DocuMate has not held up as well as I would like and just barely works.

On the other hand, there are some things that have held up surprisingly well:

Terrain Tables. Griffin did a great job in putting these together. They require regular maintenance, usually crawling underneath with a wrench to tighten down the bolts, but they've worked out admirably and many have commented on how they like the height.

Race Deck. I was skeptical about this product, especially considering the heavy wear in the game center, but the purple and black tile has worked flawlessly and shows zero wear. We bought this from Paizo Publishing when they decided to change up their trade show format.

Keeping this place running requires a lot of maintenance, some done by staff but a lot done by customers who help us out. I want to thank them for their service: Joe rebuilt our toilet, Griffin built the gaming tables, John regularly replaces our lights and ballasts, and Michael does a lot of the day-to-day fixes.

No comments:

Post a Comment