Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What I'm Up To

Weee! The wife bought a Nintendo Wii and a Fit a couple weeks ago and I've been working every day to get in shape. I've been focusing on the yoga, which I know has resulted in increasing my strength (and tweaking my shoulder), but I have yet to lose any weight. I think I'll start alternating with cardio. I've imported a bunch of Mii characters, so today I went on a run led by Sammy Davis Jr. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama make regular appearances, along with Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Modeling/Painting. As you know, I just finished the new Demolisher kits, built as Executioners. I've got a couple more projects coming up. I've got the new Hellhound kit, which I'll build as a Devil Dog. My Forge World parts are in for my custom Demolishers. I've got Ryza pattern hulls and Kreig Demolisher cannons. It's more resin than plastic. Step one will be a thorough washing. This is for the army list I'm playing now, so it gets priority over the Devil Dog.

Spray Gun. I gave up on my Games Workshop spray gun. I think it's great for most people who want to do light painting and base coating, but with six vehicles lined up for painting and the retaining clip flying into the weeds, I decided it was time to upgrade. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 30psi compressor and then went to Michael's and bought a Badger 250 single action spray gun. Total cost was about $125. I'm really, really happy with this setup, especially the little Badger. With constant pressure, it works far better than the propellant system.

D&D: My D&D campaign finally started. I've been running pick up games for months, but the campaign began. I wrote my own adventures this time, which has strengths and weaknesses. I certainly have to think on the fly a lot more, but it's far more satisfying.