This didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, but I planned wrong. I was going for a red vehicle with gray bits, but I got the reverse because I used red as the base coat. I don't think it looks bad, just not what I planned. The big question is whether to keep going like this, possibly using a lot more blue-tack to mask more red, or to call this an experiment. I'm reluctant to call 8 hours of work (total) an experiment, however.
This is my "command" chimera, the junior officer chimera in my infantry company. That's why it lacks any gear on the outside. The lieutenant is very picky about such things, going strictly by the book. What a brown nose.
They gray is Adeptus Battlegray, a Foundation color. The gray highlights are codex gray. The treads are textbook tin bitz with a dry brushing of boltgun metal. Shiny metal is done with chainmail. It could still use an ink wash and I'll likely wait until all the vehicles are finished before applying transfers (decals).
I've decided I kind of lack the muted Foundation colors for armor. It looks more appropriate to the battlefield.
I like it.ReplyDelete
I also like the new banner.
Jess made the banner.
Your camo kind of looks like what the Tallarn would switch to if they found themselves stuck in city-fighting rather than out in the desert.ReplyDelete
As for the banner, I should have known :-P Tell Jess she did a good job.